Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Man Pleasing Chicken" is the Perfect Name for This Dish


I say it is the perfect name for this dish, because the men loved it, but the girls...not so much.  I didn't really dislike it so much as just wasn't into it.  I think it was the mustard.  I had made two dishes with maple before this, and they were amazing!  I guess my expectations were high, and the mustard changed the flavor enough that it was just okay to me.

The girl took one bite, started chewing it, got a funny look on her face, and spit it out and refused to eat any more of it.

Now, the husband, on the other hand, wouldn't shut up about how amazing it was.  He recommends serving it with rice, since the sauce was quite saucy, and would have been soaked up nicely by the rice.  I'm not a rice person, so it didn't occur to me.

The baby, also a man, ate the crap out of it as well.  Of course, he's still in the-this is a new flavor!-stage of eating, so his opinion isn't exactly reliable.  (Okay, so maybe it's more reliable, but...)


Changes I would make?  Well, none, really.  It reached 165 way faster than 40 minutes, but I'm a freak about chicken, so I let it go the whole time...just in case.  (I even made it the night before and left it in the fridge for the next day.)  The foil lining was also a total waste.  It somehow got through anyway, and was a breeze to get off of my pan.

I won't make it again, simply because I personally didn't care for it.  I would still recommend it, however, because it was me...not the dish.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the picture of this on Pinterest looked delish. I made it for company before trying it first. I had high expectations. It wasn't terrible, but it was great. Afterwards I read comments on the Pinterest page and many people said to use real maple syrup and not imitation or off brand dijon mustard. Makes sense, but I won't make it again.

    ReplyDelete