Friday, February 1, 2013

Eggs for Breakfast Sandwiches

We've all seen this pin, and many other versions  a hundred times, right?  I've always wanted to try it, but I haven't been making breakfast sandwiches lately.  Yesterday, however, I found a cute little bag of mini bagels, which the little girl loves, so I decided to give it a shot.

I made my eggs with just salt and pepper, but if I had spinach or parsley, I would have gladly thrown some in there.  They turned out a little too small, even for mini bagels.  I knew they would, which is another reason I haven't tried them before.  I know they made giant muffin tins.  If I see one somewhere for a reasonable price, I'll snag one and try it again.

Also, next time I'm going to scramble the eggs before I put it in the muffin tin.  I'm not a fan of egg yolks, so I prefer to hide them.




With the time it takes to preheat the oven and let them bake, I don't know that it actually saved me any time.  Maybe with a batch of 12, but I only did six.  I guess it freed me up to other things while they baked, like listen to the little girl whine about waiting, but not sure it made a difference.  I'll give it another shot when I get the bigger tin.

**UPDATE**-Yeeeeah...so, I already have a bigger muffin tin.  I just found it while cleaning out the miscellaneous cabinet.  Perhaps I should look in there more often.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment