Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One Pot, 1/2 Hour Lasagna? Thank You, Ninja Cooking System.

I got myself the Ninja Cooking System for Mother's Day.  I have seen them at Target for a while, but thought it was just a REALLY expensive Crock-Pot.  While trying to find something for my mom, I saw it and actually looked at what it was.  After some convincing that it was okay to spend that much, I got it.  (I got it at Kohl's with a 20% off and $30 Kohl's cash, so it didn't sting quite as bad.)  It came with a little recipe book, and this was one of them.  My favorite part about it so far is the clean up.  It took me two minutes to wash it, threw the spoon in the dishwasher, and I'm calling it good.

I followed this recipe, except I used chicken Italian sausage instead of hamburger.  Next time, I'll use ground turkey.  The kids didn't really like it, and I'm guessing that's why.  A little too spicy for them, perhaps.

Seriously, though.  10 minutes of sausage cooking, 20 minutes with the pasta, sauce, and water.  3 minutes after you add the spinach and cheese mixture, and you're DONE.  The only prep was to clean the spinach and mix together the cheeses, which was easily done during the 20 minute stretch.

So far, I'm a big fan of this thing.  Just the clean up alone is worth it.
 I forgot to take a picture before we dug in, but here is what was left.
*UPDATE* I just threw this into LoseIt with 10 oz of ground turkey. If you go with 6 servings, each one is only 284 calories!

**UPDATE, UPDATE** I forgot to buy fresh spinach this time, so I used frozen. Worked like a charm. I've made this three times now, and have decided I'll never stop. Easy, tasty, and the clean up is next to nothing. I'm in the middle of a deep clean and wanted minimal impact. This baby did the trick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment