Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My New Favorite Frosting Recipe and Cute Cupcake Liners

There are a few things I look for in a frosting recipe.

1.  Crisco scares the crap out of me.  Absolutely NO Crisco is allowed.
2.  It can't be too hard or time consuming.

Okay.  Two rules.  I have two rules when I'm looking for a new frosting recipe.



On this particular occasion, I was also looking for a frosting I could color and use to pipe decorations onto the cake.  This recipe seemed easy enough and fit the bill.  *UPDATE* The link in this pin isn't working.  This is the recipe.

The hardest part was not eating all of it before it made it onto the cake.  The second hardest part was waiting for the cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature.

I only made half of this recipe and it was enough for the little cake, 16 cupcakes, PLUS a bunch leftover that I planed on using as a strawberry dip.




I also went ahead and tried this pin while I was at it.  I had white cupcake liners that I bought quite a while ago, and it was easy enough.  A little messy, but worth it.  You could have a lot of fun with a tie dye effect, if you wanted to.  I did notice that it's better when the color on the liner is a different color than the frosting.



No comments:

Post a Comment